I had a partial hysterectomy in Oct 27,2009. it was necessary.
I don’t know many 33 that would just want to put themselves into early menopause…
Unless, you just want to. I opted to keep my ovaries in. Because, I saw the insanity that was my Mom for a good bit…
And that scared me. Now the Dr. told me that my left ovary was going bad…
I took my mental scales out (my blank stare complete with lip biting) thinking about my poor mom in crying fits, screaming fits, and at times rocking fits… before she was put on hormone therapy… Um, No thanks keep them BOTH in thanks!!
Fast-Forward to January, I was in PAIN. My GYN ordered an ultra sound they found a cyst. No biggie! women get them ALL the time! OH YEAH!
I have NO uterus- which means no period! HA!
OK… Hormones… Let’s shrink the damn thing! HA! That’s right… I can’t Those might give me blood clots! wonderful eh!
I’ll lose weight…
That’s my cure-all!
The pounds coming off will CURE ALL! – I’m not far all the mark!
Cured my migraines!
Not to mention has helped with my High Blood pressure.
Any my back problems.
My face has cleared up.
My anxiety is pretty much non existent!
My over all well-being? Perfect… ALMOST!
I have a gimpy ovary y’all it needs to come out! It’s grown it’s gone from a 1 cm to a 3 cm and now I am in pain/discomfort all the time…BOO
I kinda want to name it Ollie or some strange name… So, when I say Hey I’m taking ___________ out… People can look at me and give me that strange look… HEHE!
Actually the thought of going under terrifies me! But, I am BADDER and STRONGER and Healthier!
So, help me name my gimpy ovary! he he…
I had this sad sappy song picked out and then… it hit me… My Bloggy Friend - Momma INCREDIBLE (a fitting name INDEED) Is advocating for National infertility week. GO read(and you should damn it!!) her blog but, be prepared have a tissue ready!
So,I decided to put away my sad sappy song for NOW! and I am busting out the BIG GUNS!
YES! The ole silly ones! The ones that will make you shake you head with laughter!
Now all I gotta say is… WORK IT MOMMA! OWN IT!… This is FOR YOU! Dance it out!- Dancing makes you BRAVE!
If my life could be played-out, like a soundtrack it would be the wonkiest (My blog my word!) soundtrack you would hear…
It would have:
show tunes( LOVE LOVE LOVE!!)
Jimmy Buffett( No clue what the eternal beach bum falls under… Love him though…)
hell throw some emo Ok:-D
rap(some ice-t, Dr. Dre, Eminem-Don’t Judge!)
some oomph( Get down with DA Chicken Dance!!)
Everything…The list goes on for DAYS(Im not a music snob…)
Last week’s theme song WAS easy:
“I’ve gotta Feeling” Black Eyed Peas It’s a great “Pump Me Up” Running (Ok Jogging) Song!
This week… I dunno…??
Training… (It’s my life these days not to mention being a mommy of 4) It’s getting hard.. the results are getting slower the scale is creeping at a snail’s pace… TOYING WITH ME… discouragement is settling in!
No worries, ”I quit” is not in my vocabulary its not an option… I’m human. It’s Ok for me to admit these things. Right? Wouldn’t you worry if I didn’t?
So, I think my theme song for the week is… The Show Must Go On – Queen
No, matter what… No matter how I am feeling, the show must go on! Right!? I still have to be a mommy, a wife and I still will train my body and become a fit, healthy person!! And I will smile!!
The show must go… “But my smile still stays on…”
On the wake of the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure…
This race is different from last year’s for a few different reasons.
1. I am not a board member. It’s different being on this side of the table. Whereas, I MISS serving… I know I did the right thing all the way around… For my health, for the organization, for my family… Everything happens for a reason!
2. The 2 xl Shirt… NO MO! Happy TRAINER BOB! HA!!!! Y’all as of TODAY! I have a total weight loss of… 34 pounds! This year… (as I hold my head up high VERY HIGH… In all the hotness that surrounds me… ROLLS EYES…HAHA… I even rolled my eyes ) I am a XL!!! YAY!
3. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in Feb. So, I kinda figured my mom and I were going to become this “breast cancer crime fighting duo…” How wrong was I?
Very… It’s been the hardest thing I have ever had to watch my mom go through. I’m waiting for the day she finds her “fight”… So, I guess my inital approach was all wrong.
I just let her tears flow…
I just let her be her…
I let her talk
And I don’t… I just listen… I have nothing to say…
So, “mum” is the word! Not the flower As in “Keep your unfiltered mouth shut Dolores!”
I’ve just shown a little tenderness…
However, in doing that… It’s putting holes in my shell…
(actually, I’m thinking my hormones are wacky! Serious! That’s not for my blog! ha!)
4. Been training for this Race since middle Jan… So, On Sat 17, 2010. I am going to be the BEST Dolores I can be, with Honey, running next to me(NO! He, is an incredible runner so, he’ll be meeting me at the finish line…Ha!) in a decked out stroller(Ha Our Poor BOYS! We are putting pink ribbons on the stroller! Oh It’s not Fair-I can’t wait for the pictures!!!) and me in pig tails with pink ribbons and a pink skirt! I’m jogging FOR YOU! And of course For my Mom, For my Mother in Law and, for my Beloved Grandmother(God rest your soul Moms… I am so sorry you were taken from us to soon by breast cancer!)
5. I have a feeling… The tears… will be flowing very easily this Sat! If you go… click here for all the details